ATC10K Truist Time Trials is a week long race starting Sunday, December 6th through Saturday, December 12th that welcomes competition back into our sport with alternative, in-person events as well as virtual!
Truist Time Trials 10K
This alternative, in-person race option will consist of a week-long, open course 10K
- • When: Sunday, December 6th through Saturday, December 12th
- • Where: The start and finish line will be inside the Ford Building at Camp North End and the open course will take participants through North End, Uptown and West Charlotte.
- • How: Race week will be broken up into 30 minute dispersed segments from 7:00am – 7:00pm that runners must reserve. Each session will have 50 slots available and participants will be allowed to start any time during that 30 minute window.
Did you run the Truist Time Trials 10K? Think you can better your time? Take a “second chance” at the course.
- • Registration: Second Chance will be an option once you complete the Truist Time Trials 10K a first time.
- • Cost: $10 registration with half of the cost going to a beneficiary of your choosing.
If you want to take it the next level, we’ve added a 50K to the mix where participants run the course 5 times during race week.
- • What: Participants will run the course 5 times during race week.
- • Registration: Once you register, you will receive an email allowing you to pick your 5 slots.
Virtual Truist Time Trials 10K
We will also have an at-home option for those who would prefer to join in from afar.
- • When: Any time during race week! Sunday, December 6th through Saturday, December 12th
- • Where: You can step out your front door and knock out this 6.2 mile race or join a couple of friends at your local greenway. However, we will also provide suggestions for courses all around the Charlotte region.
- • Race packet: You’ll receive your medal, shirt, and bib delivered to your door or can pick it up after race week at your favorite Charlotte Running Company location
We are very excited to give participants a safe, fun and meaningful experience to once again race Around the Crown.
We have a lot of information to digest on this page, so here’s some quick links for you to help navigate:
After months of getting to know the team at Truist and working on some exciting and unique opportunities to bring the community together in wellness and in sport, we are thrilled to announce that Truist has joined the Around the Crown 10K team. Truist is the Title Sponsor of ATC10K’s Truist Time Trials and we could not have selected a better partner in the Charlotte community. Our shared commitment to make Charlotte a better place and the innovative and inclusive ways we want to build together makes our partnership strong.
Read the entire press release here.
If you didn’t sign up for Around the Crown 10K, go ahead and head to our registration page for our 2020 alternative races, Truist Time Trials!
If you registered for the 2020 Around the Crown 10K, you have automatic entry into the Truist Time Trials 10K, Virtual Truist Time Trials 10K, or a credit towards our 50K Challenge. With that said, we know that may not be the best choice for everyone, so we’ve listed all options below.
Option 1: Truist Time Trials 10K
This is our favorite option because we get to see you, the running community, again. We’ve missed you and we’re excited to bring back in-person racing through this alternative format.
Option 2: Virtual Truist Time Trials 10K
An at-home option for those who would prefer to join in from afar.
Option 3: 50K Challenge
Take it to the next level with the 50K Challenge.
Option 4: Defer to 2021, 2022, or 2023
We really want to see you this year, however if you’re not ready, we completely understand. Maybe we can go on a date another time? Next year? The following? Just please don’t leave us! We have waived the deferral fee, and would love to see you come back to the beautiful Queen City and put your feet on I-277!
Option 5: Refund
It’s no secret why we put this option last. We’re a small business in our second year of operation. We’re also runners and we know we would want this courtesy. If our other options do not work for you, we will gladly send your money back. We certainly do hope you can join us at a race in the future though!
When you decide which option is best for you, complete the following steps:
- 1) Sign in to your RaceRoster Dashboard
- 2) Click our race (ATC10K Truist Time Trials) under “Recent registrations”
- 3) Hit the big blue button at the top right that says “Edit registration”
- 4) View all options available and select only one
- 5) For Truist Time Trials 10K – select the date and time you’d like to run!
***50K Challengers will receive an email to select dates and times
***Second Chance will be available once you have completed the Truist Time Trials 10K
COVID Safety Measures
We have worked with local health officials to make racing safe and clean during these times. Please read these over and abide by them in order to keep everyone safe.
- • Participants must pre-monitor health status for 14 days before they participate
- • Educating participants to avoid running directly behind one another and keep 13+ feet away. We recommend staying beside or at no more than a 45 degree angle behind other runners.
- • Pre race email along with social updates reminding participants of social distancing rules
- • Sanitizing stations placed around facility including start/finish line, bathrooms, packet pickup tables, medal table, etc
- • Regularly cleaning high touch point areas around start/finish line
- • Monitor and restock supplies continuously
- • All staff members, partners, volunteers must stay home if feeling ill
Venue Setup and Flow
- • Participants must wear masks when entering the building and cannot remove them until they start the race. If you do not wear a mask, we will provide one.
- • Participants must carry masks with them during the run
- • Participants must place masks back on immediately after crossing finish line
- • Ample signage placed in key areas encouraging social distancing
- • Social distancing markings added to the ground where crowds may gather
- • No spectators will be allowed inside of the start/finish area
- • Announcements made regularly reminding participants about social distancing
- • Rolling starting line
- • Start arch separate from Finish arch
- • 50 participants will be allowed to sign up for each half hour slot and can start anytime during that half hour
- • No more than 25 people will be allowed in the open air building at a time including staff and volunteers
- • Masks must be worn until participants have exited the building
- • No water stops / encourage participants to bring their own water
- • No encouraged cheering areas
- • Multiple greenways and shared streets used
- • Finish arch separate from Start arch
- • Wider arch at 30’
- • Participants must place mask back on immediately after crossing finish line
- • Vocal volunteers encouraging continuous movement and distancing
- • Medals on self-serve tables spreading them as much as possible
- • Post-race food bagged
- • No awards ceremony
2021 Around the Crown 10K
We’re excited to announce our race on I-277 is heading back to Labor Day weekend in 2021! We’ve worked with city and state officials to secure Sunday, September 5, 2021 for our race date next year. Our expo will once again be hosted at Camp North End on that Saturday along with our Kid’s Race.